Start the ball rolling Go
Upcoming events Read More
Diverse and international
With its roots on Wall Street, White & Case was one of the first major US law firms to transform itself into a truly global law firm.
DiversCity is a unique recruitment event and mentoring programme aimed at raising awareness of pursuing a legal career in the City amongst lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) students at degree and postgraduate level. White & Case have been involved in the DiversCity initiative since 2016.
DiversCity aims to:
- provide a forum to showcase the experiences of successful LGBT lawyers and dispel any misconceptions young LGBT aspiring lawyers may have;
- allow students to speak first-hand to LGBT lawyers;
- attract LGBT candidates into the law profession;
- provide an opportunity for students to build their own personal networks;
- build a pipeline of diverse talent for the participating law firms and;
- ensure the law profession continues to strengthen as an LGBT friendly environment.
The initiative was first started to address a recognised need to diversify the legal sector and provide support for LGBT students who felt a lack of confidence in applying to City firms, let alone being out and themselves once they got there.
This year’s DiversCity event will be taking place on Monday 5 December 2016 at Baker & McKenzie in London and travel expenses will be reimbursed.
If you are interested in attending the event or would like to know more about the initiative, please visit diverscityinlaw.net or find us on social media at facebook.com/DiversCityInLaw or twitter.com/DiversCityinLaw
We are proud to work with: